Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Mamma Mia...here I go again...!

What is it with me and baking cookies lately?  I'm not really a 'sweets' person.

While grocery shopping (NOT with cookies in mind) I was hit with the sudden urge to make some type of s'mores cookie.  So I scooped up the ingredients, pulled up Mamma Mia on the DVR (great background music for baking!) and got to work.



My S'mores Cookies 
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
  • 3/8 cup granulated sugar
  • 3/8 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • egg
  • 1-1/8 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup Milk Chocolate Chips
  • 4 crushed graham crackers
  • mini marshmallows
Heat oven to 375°F.

Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add egg; beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers.

Scoop about a tablespoon of dough and form it around 3 mini marshmallows.  Roll into a ball, then place on an parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Keep cookies 2 inches apart.

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 1 1/2 dozen cookies.


These were SO stinkin' good.  Crispy cookie, melty chocolate chips, chewy marshmallow center.  I halved my original recipe, and I probably shouldn't have.  I only got to eat like 3 cookies...I brought 1/2 a dozen to my friend, and my husband inhaled the rest. 

Must make again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment