Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bakk in the Day

The other day I was thinking about food I used to really like, and for one reason or another haven't eaten for a while.  Certain things have lost the nostalgia, for sure.  Here's one thing I ate "Bakk in the Day".

At 16 years old I was working in a clothing store after school & on weekends.  The 2 closest options for food in the strip mall were Burger King (an extremely sketchy guy named Alan worked there, so I tried to steer clear) and Boston Market.  Almost every day I'd take my break & walk next door to Boston Market for a Rotisserie Chicken Carver sandwich.  I thought they were the greatest thing!  I must have eaten about a hundred.

I decided to try one over the weekend, and see if I still think it's da bomb.  In short, it is decidedly not.


"Rotisserie Chicken Carver: Rotisserie chicken with dijon mayo, cheddar, tomatoes and greens on a white or multi-grain roll."



I ended up dropping $9.10 for the combo: sandwich, small mac & cheese, drink.  Yikes!  My fault for being talked into the combo.  Hungry-at-the-grocery-store syndrome.

First, and perhaps my biggest pet peeve, it wasn't cut in half.  I had to do it, after straightening the thing out.  The fillings were all crooked, I shouldn't have adjusted them for the picture so you could see how askew it all was.  There was way too much dijon mayo and the chicken was in one big ugly hunk instead of nice slices.  It was annoying to eat, dripped dijon mayo mixed with watery tomato down my arm, the chicken was dry, the bread wasn't fresh, and I think the cheese was old.  It tasted like refrigerator.  Even the mac & cheese was a disappointment (sorry, Ben!).

Verdict: not how I remember it at all, and absolutely not a sammich.  What was I thinking?  I guess I just didn't know better 'bakk in the day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment