Saturday, July 9, 2011

Oh Sammich

I had a Friday evening outing to Victoria Gastro Pub in Columbia, MD with my husband and a couple co-workers plus significant other.  I thought about their lobster grilled cheese and duck fat fries all week!  The dinnertime lighting was dim, and I was using my cell phone camera, so I didn't get a great picture of the yummy sammich.  Here it is anyway, and I'm sorry.

Buttery bread, tender Maine lobster & a brie fondue.  So decadent, so good.  Absolutely worthy of the sammich title.  Before I even ordered my sammich I sampled buttermilk fried chicken pick-up sticks, duck fat fries, and goat cheese & herb stuffed fried squash blossoms.  Not exactly a light meal, but so stinkin' good.  I enjoyed a flight of Spanish wines plus a glass of Tempranillo, the wine in the flight I liked best. 


After such a heavy dinner, lunch today had to be light.  My husband & I went to the NY Deli in Columbia, MD for sammiches.  I really wanted a Rueben, which are out of the world at this place...but I opted for the lighter Central Park Powerhouse.  Healthy, but still a sammich. 


Romaine lettuce, tomato, cucumber, carrots, sprouts, Monterey jack cheese on Multigrain w/
Honey Mustard...hit the spot.  (And a much better picture...no mood lighting)  Hubby had a salami with fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato & roasted red peppers and devoured every last bite.


To make up for the terrible picture from Victoria's, here's a picture of Bear my french-fry stalking dog.



2 comments:

  1. That last picture made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one never fails to put a smile on my face! Instant mood brightener.

    ReplyDelete