Monday, May 7, 2012

Cinco de Crab-o

I met with a couple gals at Bo Brooks in Canton for some crabs this past Saturday. 
I loved the waterfront location, and the menu was huge.  After being seated on the patio at a brown paper covered table, we ordered a few appetizers to share.  Warning, their onion rings (O Rings) are the size of donuts...we missed the key word "colossal" on the menu.  I prefer onion rings with much less batter, these required a knife & fork and could have been a meal on their own.

 
The Snake Bites appetizer was enveloped in the same heavy batter as the O Rings, but the filling of a whole shrimp with cheese & jalapeno was nicely complemented by the sweet & tangy dipping sauce.

Hidden behind the fried stuff was a lovely Sunshine Salad with greens, strawberries, blue cheese and toasted pinenuts with raspberry vinaigrette.  It was a nice palate cleanser before the crabs.

We ordered half dozen of their large crabs, steamed & crusted with salty & spicy Old Bay, the meat was sweet and briny at the same time.  I never understood why crab meat cost so much until I had moved to MD and picked my first crab...it's a lot of work! 


It always takes me a few minutes (and an adult beverage or 2) to be brave and actually touch a crab (and a few squeals "he's looooking at me!") but once I do it's all carnage from there.  I needed a quick refresher from my friend, a seasoned crab picker, but I got into the groove in no time.  This was the scene a few crabs, $3 Tecate's, and Skinnygirl margaritas (LOVE these!) later.


It was a happy & yummy way to spend a Saturday.  Bo Brooks is the perfect warm-weather place to eat, and I can't wait to return and try more of their menu!

*Bonus, they have a large parking lot and validate your first 2 hours.  Also, the tiki bar out front looks super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment