Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Slider Barron

A new food truck on the Montgomery County scene is The Slider Barron.  New, as in a little more than a week old, very exciting!  Today's menu offered PB&J and banana sliders, Nutella marshmallow sliders, cheeseburger sliders, grilled chicken sliders, and what I ordered...the spicy Korean pork sliders.

While I waited for my order, I grabbed a bag of kettlecorn from a vendor in the nearby farmers market. 



Crunchy, buttery, sweet and salty all at the same time...perfect when eaten in the sunshine.

Sliders come 3 per order, and for the meat ones an order is $8.  The tender pork seemed to be marinated in a spicy, but lightly sweet, sriracha or kimchi-ish marinade.  The pork was topped with fresh & crunchy pickled diakon and carrot.  I think there was some kind of mayo-based sauce on the slider as well, but I couldn't pick out the flavor.  I have one mighty big suggestion, and that is to toast the rolls.  The bottoms got pretty soggy pretty quick.


Nonetheless, I devoured 2 of my 3 sliders before I even considered snapping a picture.  One lonely slider.

Being  new enterprise, there are a few kinks the Barron needs to iron out like taking names with orders, speed of preparation, toasting the rolls, and handing out napkins with orders, but the service was sweet and friendly and my sliders were super flavorful.  I can't wait to see what kind of gourmet sliders are added to the menu, because the Korean pork was a homerun.

No comments:

Post a Comment