Thursday, May 17, 2012

Corned Beef King's Classic Reuben, Best Ever!

Sammich Shaman...

...Monarch of Meat...

...Sovereign Head of Steak...

...these will only get worse as I keep going.

I sing praises of the glory that is the Corned Beef King food truck!  Oh my gosh, where do I even start.

This mobile sammichery run by 2 super cool dudes comes within blocks of my office every Thursday, and at 9:30 on this particular Thursday morning my stomach began to growl at the thought of biting through buttery toasted rye to a delectable filling of tender corned beef, sauerkraut with the right amount of tang, creamy & sweet dressing, and a little swiss/provolone to hold it all together.  After my 10-day no animal product challenge, the King's Classic Reuben was all I could think of. 



The seeded rye is super fresh, and when lightly buttered and grilled it maintains its softness inside the crispy crust.  The corned beef is sliced thin and is so tender it quite literally melts in your mouth, and is flavorful without being salty.  The sauerkraut is heated and caramelized on the grill to bring its tangy flavor to another level.  Russian dressing mixes with the kraut and corned beef juices, and inevitably flows in delicious rivulets down my arms; zero grease, which is refreshing.  The dill pickle, though delicious, is superfluous at this point.

Bring on the gastrointestinal discomfort (shocking my system after a week and a half of just fruit & veggies) and subsequent food coma...I will be getting no work done this afternoon.  After knawing my way through many a salty, greasy, rubbery Reuben, I can declare without the shadow of a doubt that this is the best Reuben I have ever had the pleasure of eating.  I wish Ben Bakkich were here right now to share one with me get his own and stamp it sammich-approved.

And here's yet another check in the "awesome" column for Corned Beef King...you can get your sammich as a "care package", which means each ingredient is nicely bundled separately so you can assemble and heat a nice, fresh meal at home!  No soggy sammich!  Amazing service to offer, and I know my husband will appreciate this when I come home with his Milly Ann care package.  (Milly Ann is Reuben's cool cousin, with coleslaw instead of kraut)


I look forward to trying the rest of the menu.  Check out the Corned Beef King's website and follow them on Twitter to see if they are coming to a street near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment